My sewing skills are often put to use in the area of home decor. A bed pillow was recently replaced by a member of my family. There was nothing wrong with the old one, its made of memory foam and is still functional, so I decided to make a decorator cover for it and use it as a backrest or headrest on the sofa.
I decided to use some of the polyester I have around that I got for free awhile back. I was originally going to make a plainer pillowcase with a zippered side, but I didn’t have the right size zipper in my recycled stash, and I didn’t feel like buying one, so… I looked through my buttons collection, found the perfect 3 to match
the fabric, and voila! Some pizazz for polyester, and a nice, simple way to start off my sewing new year.
Photography by Photo0pal