V1419 Completed!

Whew!  I finally completed this project!

This coat is the culmination of my work for the past 3 months,  and my official completion of the V1419 sewalong.   It took a great deal of planning,  discussion,  and concentration to create, and I’d have to say that it’s the most challenging garment I’ve ever made.   Constructed with double faced wool from Mood Fabrics,  and underlined with purple satin,  all the inside seams of the coat are bound in purple bias cut taffeta.   The buttonholes are of silk taffeta,  also from Mood,  and we chose two different styles of buttons to finish the coat.   They’re from the Belle Buttons line by Dritz.

My daughter is home for winter break,  and it’s my gift to her,  from way back in late summer when we were browsing through Vogue patterns together and she remarked on how boss she thought this design was,  and I uttered those 5 words of determined motherly commitment: “I’ll make it for you”.   She knew exactly how she wanted her coat to look:  black linen look fabric with reddish purple binding for the buttonholes.

Then shortly after,  Lladybird and McCall’s patterns launched the V1419 sewalong and I began my amazing journey.   It’s been a lot of fun participating in this,  and I’ve learned so much from it!  I really enjoyed seeing other people’s coat projects and working through the problems together.

I’ll also be uploading the pics to the Pinterest Sewalong page,  for those of you interested in seeing a collection of finished coat projects.

Photography by Photo0pal.

 

Advertisements

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s