I finally finished this dress, with a bit of the summer left to wear it.
I made this dress up in 100% linen, and the name of the color is “Black Papyrus”. It’s an interesting weave of black and eggshell color threads, resulting in a down to earth, natural fabric that I was really attracted to. I bought it at Joann’s, I’d seen it there for the past year, but I didn’t have the right garment idea in mind yet. When I found this pattern, I knew that I’d found a use for it, and therefore a reason to buy it. I could’ve bought it earlier “just because”, but I’m trying to restrain my tendency to hoard fabric! Anyhow, I was pleased to see that they still had it there because I wouldn’t have wanted to miss out.
This pattern is from the Desert Queen collection at BurdaStyle, that was published in April of this year.
I love the unique lattice work “cage” neckline of the design. I don’t need any jewelry when I wear this, because the dress has all the sparkle:
In my last post I showed the muslin for this dress, and I mentioned that I’d found a pattern glitch in the construction. I devised a new (and what I believe to be better) construction for the lattice work, because I wasn’t happy with their method. If you’re interested in seeing a separate post or video of my altered approach to the construction, let me know in the comments section.
Happy Sewing, and thanks for reading 🙂